This cake is very exceptional! The recipe (by Hershey) makes a very soft, savory, and moist cake that will be a great addition to your cookbook. It is, hands down, the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted. (However, I used my own frosting recipe, not Hershey’s.) Enjoy!
Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake Recipe:
2 cups of sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of boiling water
6 Tbsp. butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 square (1 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13×9 inch pan (or two round 9 inch pans for a layered cake)
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
3. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat for two minutes on medium speed.
4.Stir in boiling water. (The batter will be extremely thin. I thought that I had messed up horribly the first time that I made this cake. But don’t worry if it looks like chocolate water rather than chocolate batter… it bakes up very nicely.)
5. Pour into pan. (Or pans)
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
7. Cool completely before frosting.
8. Last of all, everyone’s favorite part… eat it!
Line muffin tins with paper and fill 2/3rds full with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool thoroughly before frosting. Makes about 30 cupcakes.