For all those who don’t know what the word “küchen” means, I will tell you that it’s simply the German word for “cake.” It is a slightly deceiving name for the recipe, however. It tastes better than any average cake but it’s not really very cake-like. What it is is very scrumptious! The crust is buttery and soft and tastes like a cake in and of itself while the apples and cinnamon add a wonderfully festive fall flavor. The topping adds a nice smooth, creamy taste that will give your taste-buds something to party about. You would be crazy not to love this quick, easy, and delicious recipe!
Apple Küchen Recipe:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 box yellow cake mix
2 1/2 cups sliced peeled apples
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set out ungreased 13×9 inch pan.
2. Mix the butter and cake mix. Pat into the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Arrange apple slices neatly on warm crust.
4. Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples
5. Mix the egg and sour cream and drizzle over top.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Unfortunately, you’ll have to share your creation. I know… it’s a bummer, isn’t it?