These cookies (by Betty Crocker) are very good! They are different from other cookies because of the cinnamon chips, and yet they still have a classic taste. They are sweet, soft, and moist cookies. Besides being great comfort food, they also make tasty ice cream sandwiches. These goodies won’t last long in a cookie jar!
Sassy Cinnamon Cookies Recipe:
(makes 3-4 dozen cookies)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup cinnamon-flavored baking chips
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees (if using dark or nonstick pan, heat oven to 350 degrees). Set out two ungreased cookie sheets.
2. Cream white sugar (1 1/2 cups), butter, vanilla, and eggs in electric mixer on medium speed. Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in on low speed. Mix the cinnamon chips in.
3. In a small bowl, mix white sugar (1/4 cup) and cinnamon. Roll dough into balls and roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture before setting on the cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Do not bake these cookies for more than 11 minutes unless you want them to be brick-hard… they firm up more after be cooled, so be sure to take them out after 10 minutes, even if they still look underdone. Immediately and carefully remove the cookies from the cookie sheet.
5. (Gulp! Snarf… gobble, sniff… smack! Ahhh!)