I’ve been looking and looking and looking for a scone recipe that I truly love. I finally found one that was absolutely to die for and so I thought that I would play with it… and I ended up changing enough things that it is now my own recipe, the descendant of another. The original recipe used cinnamon chips (heart, heart, heart!) and tasted even better than Panera’s cinnamon chip scones, which I have been obsessed with since the very beginning of time. This recipe was my little adventure!
Anyway, these scones are fabulous, quick, and easy! They’re not so moist that they’re not a scone anymore, but they’re not so dry that they’re a pile of crumbs either. It’s the perfect in-between. The chocolate chips and cherries make a wonderful melt-in-your-mouth combination that you will just have to eat accompanied with a cup of tea or as you sit down to watch your favorite movie (which, of course, is Marvel’s The Avengers).
Chocolate Chip Cherry Scones Recipe:
(Makes about 16 scones)
3 cups flour
6 Tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, cubed
1 cup milk
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. Milk
1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and set out two greased cookie sheets.
2. Hand stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until throughly mixed.
3. Add cubed butter to the flour mixture and mix with pastry cutter until crumbly.
4. Add milk. Mix until all flour had been moistened. Mix in dried cherries and chocolate chips. Lightly knead or mix it with your hands.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to your desired thickness (it should be rectangular). Then cut into squares and place them onto the greased cookie sheets.
6. Brush tops lightly with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Num num time!