Merry Christmas! My holiday gift to you is one of my all-time favorite scone recipes. I apologize if you can see the resemblance between my Chocolate Chip Cherry Scones and my Cinnamon Chip Scones, but they are both based off of the same recipe… please try this recipe! It’s quick, easy and addictingly delicious!!! If you have ever had Panera’s Cinnamon Chip Scones, which I love, then you will find that these scones are even better! (And that’s a big statement for me…after all, Panera is one of my favorite restaurants.)
Cinnamon Chip Scones Recipe:
(Makes about 16 scones)
3 cups flour
6 Tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, cubed
1 cup milk
2 cups cinnamon chips
2 Tbsp. Milk
1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and set out two greased cookie sheets.
2. Hand stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until throughly mixed.
3. Add cubed butter to the flour mixture and mix with pastry cutter until crumbly.
4. Add milk. Mix until all flour had been moistened. Mix in cinnamon chips. Lightly knead or mix it with your hands.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to your desired thickness (it should be rectangular). Then cut into squares and place them onto the greased cookie sheets.
6. Brush tops lightly with milk. Mix turbinado sugar and cinnamon before sprinkleing over the scones’ tops.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Happy Holidays!
These scones are served best when they are fresh… they can get chewy if you serve them the day after they are made.