Alright… so why do these brownies have Merlin written on them? My sister and I are HUGE fans of BBC’s Merlin and we were watching the finale of the last season ever to air. So, I messily wrote Merlin on the treats and we munched away at the brownies during that last two episodes. Good times. :) There are few shows that I consider to be worthy of watching. Merlin is one of the only ones that I’ve ever gotten hooked on. I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!! You have to pardon the CGI, though. The CGI is terrible. But, you have to give them some credit for working with a limited budget.
Anyway, you may think that you’ve already found your favorite brownie recipe, but this one is great! It is moist, sweet, quick, easy, classic, and still new. Everyone who tastes these brownies loves them! The fudgey frosting is a wonderful complement.
World’s Best Brownies Recipe:
For the Brownies:
3/4 cup butter
4 oz. (4 squares) unsweetened chocolate
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups white sugar
1 1/3 cups flour
For the Frosting:
6 Tbsp. butter
1 oz. (1 square)
1/4 cup milk
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Directions for Brownies:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set out a greased 13×9 inch pan.
2. Over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth.
3. In a medium sized bowl, hand stir eggs, vanilla, sugar, and flour together. Add melted butter-chocolate mixture and hand stir until well combined. Note: It is important that you hand stir the ingredients.
4.Pour into the 13×9 inch pan and bake for 17-23 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Let the brownies cool in the pan.
Directions for Frosting:
1. Over medium heat, melt butter and chocolate together.
2. Remove from the heat once melted and add vanilla and powdered sugar. Last, add milk. Stir until the frosting is smooth.
3. Spread frosting evenly over brownies.
4. Serve warm or with a scoop of ice cream… OR hoard it all for yourself. Happy New Year!!! (I cannot believe that it’s already 2013…)
(In explanation to the roses and other decor, I will let you know that I received some cake-decorating utensils on Christmas. Since then I’ve been itching to use them! I have never decorated anything or made frosting roses, so this was all new to me. I had a ton of fun!!!)