You’re probably wondering about the name. Let me explain: if you have ever watched the second Batman movie (The Dark Knight), then you know that Harvey Dent is a character who seems good, but turns evil… and everyone in the movie feeds the illusion that he’s still good. The reason that I named this recipe after Harvey Dent was because these brownies are good (as in delicious!) but are truly evil in calories! And of course we all are feeding the illusion that they’re not so bad. Hee heeeee… two faced… just like Harvey Dent. I took the liberty of re-naming these brownies due to an inappropriate name already given to them, and I would like to have a nice, clean blog.
Anyway, these brownies (by the Londoner) are super easy, delicious and total comfort food! They’re gooey, chocolaty, cookie-y, and all around delicious. (I think that it’s best served warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.)
Harvey dent Brownies Recipe:
1 chocolate chip cookie box mix
1 brownie box mix
20-ish Oreo cookies
1 tsp. oil
1 tsp. water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 inch pan.
2. Follow the directions for the cookie dough on the back of the chocolate chip cookie mix and add 1 tsp. water and 1 tsp. oil to help it stay moist as it will be baked longer than the suggested time.
3. Press the dough onto the bottom of the greased pan and layer with enough whole Oreo cookies to cover the dough.
4. Follow the directions on the back of the brownie mix for batter and pour the batter over the Oreo-cookiedough arrangement.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges of the brownie have set. The center should be gooey and a knife will not come out clean if inserted.
6. COOKIE!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!! (Say to yourself in cookie monster voice.)