For you spinach and artichoke lovers, this is your recipe! I, surprisingly, am one of said spinach and artichoke lovers. It’s just such a good, classic combo! And besides, of all meats, chicken is my favorite. Naturally, when I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest, I knew that I must try it. Besides, it has very nice presentation and I just felt happy making it. It was also surprisingly easy, so don’t be afraid to try this one!
Well, what can I say? The chicken was perfectly cooked, very tender. The stuffing was excellent too! I was a little hesitant about how it might turn out, but I really was wonderful! It was very creamy and soft, and the spinach artichoke flavor was perfect! My only recommendation is not to forget the salt and pepper like I did. It just needed that extra little oomph. :) But it was fabulous and you should try it!
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Recipe (by little bits of real food & real talk):
2 light swiss laughing cow wedges
1/4 cup steamed spinach with water ringed out (I used 1 cup of frozen and it came down to 1/4 cup after warming and ringing dry)
1 artichoke heart, chopped (from a can)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 chicken breasts (about 6 oz. each)
more salt & pepper for chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine cheese wedges, spinach, artichoke, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix with a fork until well combined.
3. Lay your chicken breast down on a cutting board and slice it in half so you have two thin halves. Lay all 4 pieces between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Take the flat side of a meat tenderizer and pound the chicken until very thin. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
4. Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke mixture on the chicken and spread it to coat the chicken. Roll each piece of chicken and hold in place with tooth picks.
5. Place rolls on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for 20-22 minutes.