I cannot stand bananas. I can’t force any more than a single bite into my mouth. I can eat bananas with something, but never alone. I’ll admit, I selected this recipe believing that I would not like it at all. I was pleasantly surprised.
In fact, I LOVED this recipe! The banana itself was super soft and pudding-y, and the marshmallows and chocolate were just, wow. It was sooooo good! I was so surprised that I liked it at all, and even more so that I really loved it! Better yet, it was super quick and really easy. I have no idea how on earth to use a grill, but hey… A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do- I improvised. I wrapped them in foil and put them in the oven, right on the rack, and they turned out marvelously!!!
Grilled Banana S’mores Recipe (adapted from the Girl Who ate Everything):
1 banana, peeled
2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice banana lengthwise and slightly open. Place on a rectangle of aluminum foil.
- Insert marshmallows and chocolate chips into the sliced banana.
- Wrap banana up in foil and bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Unwrap banana and serve this wonderful treat warm!